Author Topic: Problems with spam.  (Read 90840 times)

Karen Holmes

• Karen Holmes
  • Administrator
  • Forum Member
    • Principal
Problems with spam.
« on: June 27, 2016, 08:16:35 PM »
The membership list was purged due to glitches in the security settings of this forum that led to continual spam attacks. Everyone is required to re-register to become a member, and to answer security questions.

We hope the problem is now solved, and we are sorry for any inconvenience. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 09:28:07 AM by jrrowo »
The World Peace Organization for the One World Government

Karen Holmes

• Karen Holmes
  • Administrator
  • Forum Member
    • Principal
Posts separate humans from robots.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 09:14:20 AM »
Have changed the anti-spam settings to require validation with a captcha and simple questions, but still getting spam. Apparently there is a bug in the system. i don't think the robots can reply to a post. We will remove posts that are obviously spam. We don't want to remove posts that are from valid human members.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 11:43:08 AM by jrrowo »

Karen Holmes

• Karen Holmes
  • Administrator
  • Forum Member
    • Principal
Membership requires email validation
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 10:37:15 AM »
Due to the huge amount of spam we get, registrations that are not validated by email after one day will be deleted from the membership list.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:25:24 AM by jrrowo »

Karen Holmes

• Karen Holmes
  • Administrator
  • Forum Member
    • Principal
Re: Problems with spam.
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 11:12:21 AM »
The vast majority of spam is coming from Russian spammers and Americans. This morning, I came online to approve posts and found 191 pages--that is almost 2000 posts--from one spammer.

Why would someone attack this forum? While our members can be human and honestly interested in joining the debate on the plan for the international government, spam is computer generated, and each new account is a fake email address and domain name. If the purpose for this is to just harass the administrator and waste my time, it seems like it is more of a waste of their time. I deleted the account of the spammer this morning.

But, this same thing is occurring all over the world, and the purpose behind the attacks are probably more sinister in intent. My guess is that what is behind all this spam is the intent to undermine ICAAN, which registers the internet registrars, to privatize or nationalize the internet. If that is the case, the ultimate conclusion of these efforts will undermine ecommerce and the freedom of the internet.

Our organization is working on a solution to this crisis, and we will announce it soon on this forum.

Denissen

• oa_bogidanov1965CG
  • Forum Member
    • Комфортабельні   1 кімнатні квартири  монолітної конструкції
Продам  в кирпичном доме  от застройщика однокомнатную квартиру  в пригороде Одессы  по цене  11 200 тыс. грн за 1 кв.м.  Строится 2 секции. 1-ая Секция готова, 2-ая – сдача 3 кв. 2018 г. Сайт застройщика   
http://www.for-rest.od.ua/квартиры/
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 09:08:14 AM by Denissen »